Kyung Joo Korean Restaurant, MidValley

After a series of disappointments, I decided to give a rest for my further coupon reviews and decided to go somewhere that I have been visited quite frequently. This time is a Korean Cuisine!

The restaurant is Kyung Joo Korean Restaurant located at the 3rd Floor, South Court of the MidValley City. It is the only decent Korean Restaurant in MidValley and of course you can find more over at The Gardens. No wi-fi is provided but the environment is quite clean. This restaurant has been here for years with the same renovation. I wonder why MidValley did not ask them to renew their design.

Among all the Ginseng Tea  that I have tried so far, this is the best ginseng tea with real ginseng taste. However, the ginseng taste only able to retain in the first pot. Once you refill with hot water, you will no longer taste the ginseng. All you can drink at that moment is plain water. It is a very refreshing drink after you had your long movie show and exhausting window shopping which cost only at RM7++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - Must try! Refillable and it can served up to 4 pax per pot for only RM7++ with no additional headcount charges.

 
Well, every single time you visit a Japanese Restaurant, you have to order their sushi. Same like Korean Restaurant, you cannot avoid not to order their Korean BBQ. That is the name they live up for it! So must try! Some people says, if a Korean Restaurant which can't even serve their Korean BBQ well, do not even bother to try their other food listed in the menu. Sound pretty logic eh? This is the meat combination of Lamb, Beef, Pork and Chicken @RM48++

So a waiter/waitress will light up the barbecue stove in front of you. They even paused when I was about to take some picture of it. Nice and thank you! So fire is ready, and get the meat ready to burn! Fast and I can't wait! Slurppp!

Firstly, the waiter/waitress will use the onion to wipe the surface before arranging the meat on it so that will have the slight onion taste on your meat later on. They will cook in front of us and make sure the meat is ready to be served. As for a first timer, you can always consult them on how to enjoy the Korean BBQ in korean style. Of course, I will share the steps to you. Beside the meat, they will served you a plate of lettuces (refillable) and two types of sauces. One gives you a salty taste while another one will brings you the spicy taste. (Sorry, no photos..will capture again in my next visit) So here are the steps:
1) Grab a lettuce
2) Put your desire meat on the lettuce
3) What taste you prefer? Salty taste? Spicy? or stay original? Once you decided, just dip a little bit of your preferred sauce using your korean chopstick. (I still do not understand why they need to make their chopstick flat)
4) Once done, wrap them up like you wrap a present without a ribbon and put this tasty gift into your mouth. Yummm!!!
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5 - Must try! So far, this is the only Korean Restaurant I known of will cook for you. So this is the only place I always find my 10% service tax is well paid of.

To me, I always prefer to have a light dinner because for health wise. So lettuce with meat is just enough for me. However, my auntie feels that a proper meal should have either rice or noodle. So this is the Beef Glass Noodle which she ordered @RM22++.
Outlook: 2/5
Creativity: 2/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 2/5 - Well, this is rated by my auntie as I cannot eat beef.

Yes, we have Ginseng tea refillable, lettuce refillable and one more which is their side dishes are refillable. They will served a total of 7 daily exotic side dishes. The oyster is one of them. The reason I only take the picture of the oyster is because this is the first time I got oyster as one of the side dishes and it was so delicious! Better than any chinese stalls who sells fried oyster for RM10! I think I refilled this plate for 3-4 times. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention! The best part for these side dishes is they are all FREE! Who does not like free stuff especially free food eh? Teehee...

Total Damage: RM98.00 (3 pax)
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 5/5
Food Serving Speed: Fast
Will I revisit?: Absolutely for another korean food experience

Kyung Joo Korean Restaurant
3rd Floor, T049, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 
Mid Valley Megamall, 59200, 
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan
Tel. No: 03-22821112
Working hours: 10am - 10pm (daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Merlion Park, Singapore

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Kedai Kopi Jia Siang Sheng Rou Mian, Lintas Plaza

Japanese Tea House & Botanical Garden, Bukit Tinggi