Mai Ramen Cafe, JayaOne

If you have read my previous post, once again Groupon has disappointed me! Read on to find out why. Here is the link for the voucher:
RM9 for a bowl of Tonkotsu Ramen from Mai Ramen Cafe
Basically, RM9 that you spent, you will have a hot/cold green tea (refillable)* + Tonkotsu Ramen + Condiments Platter* + Ice Cream Crepe*
*Note: You will get those for free if you click "Like" in their facebook fan page.


Not hard to find this place if you know where JayaOne is. As for the parking is chargeable at RM2/entry. They have Japanese songs as their background songs. Wi-fi is available in this restaurant with password. However, I did not login at that time so I do not know the password. Sorry...


This is the Tonkatsu Ramen, the main course. I am not trying to be exaggerate but just when the ramen is served, I can eventually smell the saltiness. Well, it has been proven after my first bite. The soup is salty which makes the noodle itself is salty. The noodles are normal noodles and definitely not freshly handmade. The chasu meat itself is also very salty. Luckily, the egg is not. Maybe they should put a mark/label where we usually see a chili on the menu for spicy food. While for this one, they should put a salt label on it or a note "be advised, extremely salty"
Outlook: 1/5
Creativity: 1/5
Taste: 0/5
Price: N/A
Overall: 1/5 - I have been torturing my taste bud with this ramen.

This is one of the free stuff given when you click "Like" in their facebook fan page, the condiment platter. Well, this one is even worst than ramen. Not just salty but very oily! I was forced to use the ramen soup to rinse the oil away.
Outlook: 1/5
Creativity: 1/5
Taste: 0/5
Price: N/A
Overall: 1/5 - I think I have tortured my stomach and kidney with these.


This is the dessert, Ice Cream Crepe, another free food. The picture was taken from the website. I did not take any myself because I planned to leave the restaurant as soon as possible. All I can say is it looks nothing like that. For the taste, the vanilla ice cream itself is already too sweet and when it mixed together with the chocolate syrup, the world sweetest dessert is born. One thing for sure, the ice cream is definitely from some cheapo brand. The crepe is not hot and I believe it is pre-made. 
Outlook: 1/5
Creativity: 1/5
Taste: 1/5
Price: N/A
Overall: 1/5 - I need to drink a lot of green tea to neutralize the sweetness.


After I left the restaurant, I keep cursing Groupon in my heart. Why just can't they test the food first? All they want is business? That's it? This restaurant has completely tested all my taste bud with salty food, overly sweet dessert, sour face and bitter food experience. It is stated in the website that the chef has trained in Japan for 4 years but to me, he/she looks like not been trained even for a day. The best of all the food I have consumed is the hot green tea. Well, I have to admit that RM9 for all the food is completely a deal that you couldn't resist.


Total damage: RM27 (3 pax) + RM2 (parking)
Ambiance: 2/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Will I revisit?: Definitely not!
ook into the quality of the merchant instead of doing the refund process
Mai Ramen Café
No. 13-G, Block D, Jaya One, 

72A, Jalan Universiti, 46200 
Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Phone: 03-7957 6689 

Business Hours: Noon - 11.00pm (daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon