La Risata @Ampang

Benvenuti nel Ristorante Italiano!!! Hehe...which means welcome to Italian Restaurant. This is the first time I am going to share an authentic Italian Restaurant which situated at Embassy area, Ampang. This restaurant is called La Risata also known as The Laughter in English. So we must be expecting a lot of laughter inside this restaurant. I found out this restaurant through my sister. She highly recommended it! So I have to try it out no matter what. Right?

They have two branches. One is as you will known at Ampang and another one will be at Damansara.  East and West of KL City. Not a bad coverage.
Vintage looking design and dim lighting to make you feel you are temporary not belong in Malaysia.
We were there on Tuesday so we are not lucky enough to meet the live Jazz Band. Maybe that is the "La Risata" comes from.
Seriously when I saw the Quiz Nite. I am so curious. Free foods or drinks when we win? I will catch up there on Friday night between 9.30pm - 11.30pm - Battle of the Braina.
They have a wine cabinet upstairs.
Fresh Honey Dew Juice @RM11.00++. Pure honeydew and I do not think any extra comment required. Right?
Free Bread as your appetizer. However the bread is stale and not really fresh to eat. Luckily I am not a grandpa with a denture.
It comes with this don't know what sauce instead of butter. This sauce is quite salty.
Pizza Pera Gorgonzola @RM30.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 2/5
Taste: 1/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 2/5 - Ordering a pizza in a restaurant is a must in an Ristorante Italiano. However, I feel like I am eating grass rather than having a pizza. What is special in this pizza is it has pears in it.

Ravioli Di Pesce @RM28.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 2/5 - Apart of pizza, a pasta is also a must order in Italian Restaurant. Maybe from the picture and the Italian name you may not know what are those. So in English, it is called Salmon Spaghetti. Spaghetti??? Yes, a spaghetti. I thought was Salmon meatball. The taste was not that bad but still not acceptable as a pasta to me.

Panna Cotta @RM12.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 3/5 - When all the main courses were disappointing, you may have little hope over their dessert. However, a glimpse of light shining on me once I have taken the first bite! Yummm!!! Finally, my stomach has forgiven me for my previous food. LOL

I am seriously not blaming my sister for introducing me to this place. I believe it was my mistake for ordering a wrong food because the place is quite crowded so I believe the food suppose to be good. Actually waiter/waitress should introduce some of their signature dish to us since we took so long in making our decision. Furthermore, the menu is in Italian and short description in English which we can hardly imagine the dish. Boss...non possiamo leggere l'italiano! Parking maybe a little difficult but jockey service is available here. Wi-fi is available here with password protected.

Total Damage: RM93.95 (2 pax)
Ambiance: 5/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Fast
Will I revisit?: I will. One more chance...and I hope I will order the right food this time. Hopefully with my sister.


La Risata (Ampang)
16 Pesiaran Ampang
55000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-4252 6269

La Risata (Damansara)
128 Jalan Kasah
Medan Damansara
50490 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2095 9572

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Merlion Park, Singapore

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu