Umai-ya Japanese Restaurant, KLCC

Before I start, I really have to apologize that the pictures that you about to view later were taken by my iPhone 4. My bad for not taking my DSLR out. This will be my first and my last for sure.

Alright, let's continue with the topic today! Another Japanese Restaurant! My favorite cuisine as always. Hehe...Umai-ya Japanese Restaurant has 3 branches over Malaysia which are located at KLCC, Puchong IOI Boulevard, and Damansara Utama.

Cha Soba @RM18.90++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - This Cha Soba is really out of my expectation. They really can match with Cha Soba at Kampachi! Unbelievable! Hopefully they can maintain the same standard all the time.

Salmon Hand Roll @RM7.90++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - I never wanted to order a California roll in any Japanese Restaurant. But that day somehow I just ordered it, maybe a little influence from the table next to us. The reason I do not order is because most of the time the seaweed wrap is very stale and not crunchy at all. But Umaiya has changed my perception on California roll today. Their Salmon Hand Roll is so crunchy and delicious. The salmon is tasty too! The lesson I learned here is do not give up the whole forest just for one tree.

Salmon Sashimi @RM26.90++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Just because the salmon in the California Roll was so tasty, I just couldn't resist for not to order a salmon sashimi set. Indeed I have my fullest satisfaction on the salmon on that day! The price is a bit higher than Rakuzen.

Sizzling Seafood @RM33.90++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - Not much different with fried oyster at the Chinese hawker stall. The taste is same as delicious but I can eat more than 5 plates at the hawker stall with such price.

Others which are not in the pictures were Mentai Udon @RM21.90++ and Ocha @RM2.00 (bottomless). Nothing special on these so there are no pictures. Overall, I am really stunned and surprised because I never know Umaiya can be this good. Some of their dishes are selling at a reasonable price. The most important thing here is the service is very friendly but sometimes they were just too busy to notice you waving away. Hmmm...improvement needed. Wi-fi not available here and I am kind of surprise.


Total Damage: RM126.00 (2 pax)
Ambiance: 5/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Will I revisit?: Yes, I would like to try other branches. Just want to see their standard is the same or not.


Umaiya Japanese Restaurant (KLCC)
Lot No. 428, Level 4,
Suria KLCC,
Kuala Lumpur City Centre

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Premier 101 Food Court, Kuching

Shihlin Taiwan Street Snacks @Berjaya Times Square

City Square Shooting Gallery @Menara TKSS, Segambut