Cafe Cafe @Jalan Maharajalela

Cafe cafe, located in one of the busiest cross junction in the heart of KL. This two stories fine dining candlelight dinner restaurant situated at the corner of a row of shop lot which not very visible from the main road unless you really looking for this place yourself through your tracking devices.

Parking is free here but no jockey service available for a candlelight dinner restaurant. Weird! However, wi-fi is available here.

Here we are in the restaurant. Tungsten and candles are the only lighting available here. Please kindly bear with my photos in this blog because I do not have a flashgun yet. 
I am expecting a very big chandelier here. Hehe. Anyway, they do not let us sit on the 2nd floor nad claimed that it was reserved. They should say close instead of reserve as I can see we are the 2nd customer who is occupying their table.
Nice design I should say and very quiet environment. We are normally talking quite loud but now we have to control our volume.
Yea hey...this is my partner for today. Celebrating our Halloween here. Hahaha...kidding just our nice sweet anniversary.
This is what she is holding. Procescco Champagne @RM37.00. For being her first time drinking a champagne, she pretty likes it as I can see her keep slurping away from time to time. FYI, I usually have to force her to drink an alcoholic drinks. 
Complimentary bread. Only two breads but the butter is so much! Should give more breads because they are very tasty with the butter!!!
Here comes the starter. Chef of the Day! I am not quite catch the name for it as the waiter spoke so fast.
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - It is a beef combined with nicely done marsh potato. Blend so well which makes my sister cannot stop to smile. Fyi, no price available as this is comes in a set.

Next, the appetizer no.1. Foie Gras. This is also comes in the set but I got caught in the menu that this is selling at RM69.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5 - Truly authentic French way of making this goose liver if to compare the one that I eat at Kampachi. Instant melt in your mouth and with the peachy taste to open up your appetite to have more food later on.

Here comes appetizer no.2: Clams in white wine. This is included in the set as well. So the price is not very sure.
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Nice and tasty gravy but the clams meat are just too small!!! I hardly chew on it. Even a hawker can provide larger clams meat.

Wagyu Beef @RM79.00++. This is also in the set.
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 5/5
Overall: 4/5 - She loves this so much as she claimed that she hardly need to chew on it. It is like a chocolate melting slowly in her mouth. Splendid!

Penne Bacon in Cream Sauce @RM29.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 2/5 - I hate to eat a pasta that still contains the flourish flavor on it.

Here comes dessert No.1: Cheese platter (in set)
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 2/5
Overall: 2/5 - I have no idea how to eat this. 2 different cheeses and 3 grapes. Hmm...anyone can teach me?

The final dish, dessert no.2: The Chocolate Molten Cake with Ice Cream which is in the set as well.
Closer look!
Outlook: 5/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - Love all of it! Hot chocolate melt out of the cake and mix with chill ice cream. Perfect!

How can she is not happy when she is having a complete set of 1 starter + 2 appetizers + 1 main course + 2 desserts which is just cost RM169.00++
One funny incident happened during that day is when I order 2 glasses of warm water, we are served with a mineral water bottle. So I questioned the waiter on where is our warm water? He pointed at the mineral water and claimed that this is a warm water in room temperature. Excuse me...how can you consider a room temperature is warm? In the end, I have to pay for the mineral water for RM5.00++. Outrageous.


At least for me, the most absurd part is such a luxury restaurant but they do not accept American Express. I am very particular with high class restaurant which does not accept American Express and which makes them actually is not that high class anyway.

Total Damage: RM304.70
Ambiance: 5/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Will I Revisit?: I will not revisit but I recommend to those who is looking for a decent environment for a candlelight dinner.

Cafe Cafe
175, Jalan Maharajalela,
50150 KL
03-2141 8141
Business Hours: 6.00pm - 12.00am (daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Kedai Kopi Jia Siang Sheng Rou Mian, Lintas Plaza

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu