豆腐花城, Batu Pahat

I love desserts which is soft and tender such as pudding, creme brulee, gui lin gao and tau fu fah. One day, I passed by a restaurant which is quite interesting. There are 3 things which makes me feel they are interesting which are:
  1. The lighting and design of the restaurant attracted me
  2. Do you really need a restaurant to just sell a tau fu fah?
  3. So fancy two stories restaurant but not even a single customer. LOL
Oh, I almost forgot the restaurant name is called 豆腐花城. No English name for it though. 


Fancy counter.
Fancy seating. There are plenty of fancy tau fu fah to be choose from and please look at  our special selections below.
Milk Pudding
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 1/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 2/5 - I hardly taste the milk taste. All it has is the artificial sweetness.
Egg Pudding
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 2/5 - Better than milk pudding but still it is not as delicious as expected. The egg taste is not strong as well.
Signature Tau Fu Fah
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - When I select this dessert from the menu, I expect this dish to be their best tau fu fah they have since it has the word "signature". But when it was served in front of me, first time comes into my mind was did I ordered this? Since no other customer around except us so I will not doubt that they serve to a wrong table. Because it looks like a some sort of fish ball noodles in a fish head noodle soup for me. How come a tau fu fah got vegetables, fish balls and a fried egg too??? Let me share with you the taste. The taste is quite spicy as you can see the red hot small chillies in there. As for the fishball, it is not badly done! However, too many things in it which I can't really taste the real taste of the tau fu fah in it. Actually this is the specialty from Tainan which is a city in Taiwan.

Too many daring creations in it which I doubt locals at Batu Pahat especially can except it. Maybe in KL has more open minded people in such delicacies who is more ready.
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate:
Will I Revisit?: No

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Merlion Park, Singapore

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Calypso Cabaret Ladyboy Show @Asiatique The Riverfront

Premier 101 Food Court, Kuching