Kiku Zakura @Times Square

As promised in my earlier post on Kiku Zakura, I will be back for their Sashimi. So this time, I made my point at nearly opened Kiku Zakura at Berjaya Times Square.

Along with me are my dearest sister and my beloved best friend to try the Japanese delicacies for this round. I am very blessed to have them both with me because it reminded me that the last time we hanging out like this was 2 years ago and it was at Berjaya Times Square too. What a coincidence but sound bored at the same time. Hahaha...

Aren't they beauties? One is dumping her whole stack of job while fall sick and accompanying me the whole day. Another one put aside her incoming exam and ignore a study group session to accompany me. Yea, I feel grateful and guilty at the same time. How will I not loving them more?
Apart being given a hot towel for cleaning our hands. They served a love shaped tamago for each of us as appetizer too. At the same time, that's the symbol to represent our relationship. :)
Sake Sashimi @RM49.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - At last I am here for their sashimi. It is not that I do not want to order my usual sashimi moriawase, it is just that they said they only have salmon, tuna and mackerel only. I do not wish to pay over RM200++ with only 3 kinds. So I rather pick the famous and always that delicious, Salmon Sashimi. The thickness of the meat is not like those I usually have.

Unagi Temaki @RM9.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Taste good for me or maybe I am very hungry at that time.

California Roll @RM7.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 2/5 - Most important for a temaki for me is the seaweed wrapper must not be stale and must have crunchy bits inside. As for this, it does not have.

Tencha Soba @RM25.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - They are still better with their noodles. Very deliciously done cha soba and well fried tempura. But my beloved Ailin spoiled the soba by soaking the whole noodle in for me to eat. Too salty.

Closer look at the soba
Fried the tempura into a delicious golden yellow color.
Fresh Oyster @RM65.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 2/5 - The waitress claimed that their seafood are supplied in daily basis but once I tasted this fresh oysters, I doubt it is supplied daily. Or it is really supply daily but the supplier's goods are not fresh. Furthermore, the meat is not that big for my teeth to enjoy chewing.

She is not into this but she does not mind holding one.
I love their wooden style sittings and their waitresses are dressed in kimono. Really a great Japanese restaurant feel.
Display of their signature food.
Overall their Sashimi are not impressive but their noodles are still one of the best with soba, udon, somen and many other noodles varieties to be chosen from. This place is recommended for a luxury lunch but not suitable for a great dinner.
Total Damage: RM186.80
Ambiance: 5/5
Service: 4/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Will I Revisit?: Yes


Kiku Zakura
Lot 02-15, 02-16, Level 2,
Berjaya Times Square, Jalan Imbi
55100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2145 1101
Business Hours: 10.30am - 11.00pm (daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Merlion Park, Singapore

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Chong Siew Lam Restaurant, Serdang