Iketeru @Hilton KL

Look at May Lynne's expression with the cunning smile together with the cunning eyebrow raised to the max right after I have taken her to one of the most prestigious Japanese Restaurant in Malaysia which is called Iketeru. This Japanese restaurant is located in the Hilton KL. FYI, just 15 minutes before that, she looked so stressed and almost cry for the workload she was having. Now she looks like this. Just simply amazing when girls can change that fast when they are facing their favorite food.
Ika Shiokara @RM12.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - Sourish taste to trigger our appetizing mood. But I doubt it has to be worth that much for such a tiny bowl. I should say "cup" instead.

A closer look.
Chuka Salad @RM32.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - May Lynne at last able to eat her favorite Tako! To me, it is just a simple salad which does not worth that much.

Suishio @RM225.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - Requesting to change to fish only but has been declined because the waiter said their Sashimi Moriawase are all fixed by the chef. I think it is more like fixed by the restaurant themselves. So the waiter made me to get a more expensive range of Sashimi Moriawase. They have plenty of range which starts from RM168.00++ up to RM500.00++ with the same amount of kinds and number of pieces per kind. The difference is just the quality of the Sashimi. By choosing this Suishio, they make one of the Maguro to be grilled its skin to make it the additional one kind.  As for overall taste for this Sashimi, I will say this is the worst ever that I have in such a prestigious restaurant. Because I ate one of the Maguro with a heavy fishy smell. Really spoiling my appetite. I thought they does not have enough Maguro meat and had to borrow from Sushi King.

Spider Roll Maki @RM40.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - This is the most gigantic Maki I ever seen. It stuff well with the ingredients in it with tiny layer of vinegar rice. Really delicious! As for the price, RM10.00++/ piece? Is it worth that much? I know I am inside Hilton Hotel but I feel like I am paying 90% on the hotel's name and 10% for the Maki Roll.

Foie Gras @RM105.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 1/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 2/5 - Bigger than what I had at Kampachi but as for the taste I will say this is way way off the price which it is supposed to be. Usually a good goose liver should have able to melt in your mouth without the need of chewing it. But this one, you need to do some chewing works and with slightly over grilled taste. Really bad.

Hiyashi Chuka Ramen @RM45.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - This is a cold Ramen and also my first time I try a cold Ramen. It is not a bad one too! The sauce brings sourish taste which is meant to mix together with all other ingredients in it like mixing the Yee Sang. We really did say some auspicious sentence wishing each other. Hahaha... If you do not like the sourish taste, you may put a little will do. As for the price, I can eat 2 cold soba with that price. Ridiculously overpriced!

I have to give the credit to this restaurant for personalizing our food. I do not if it is intentional or not, they served the food one by one according to the speed of us finishing up the food. The also serve by starting with appetizer, starters, main course and so on. By doing so, we do not get full that fast. Other than that basically this Japanese Restaurant is obviously overpriced. Even Kampachi, I do not feel this way. 
The main reason is I do not like the way I have been treated by the waiter or waitress from the moment I stepped in the restaurant. When we entered the restaurant, we are not directed to our seat and have to stand there for at least 5 minutes. They just walked pass us like we were invisible. After being seated, yes I admit that I took quite a long time with their menu. A waiter walked over to talk to us and started to rush us to order. No one ever smile to us, whenever I requested something from them such as add green tea and etc. FYI, the green tea is chargeable @RM9.00++ per pax. Even Zipangu @ Shangri-La does not charge their green tea. They started to change their attitude after I showed my platinum card when making the payment. There comes their hidden smile which I feel so fake at that moment. Maybe I do not wear very smart but my dear friend, May Lynne wears pretty decent since she just left her office. No matter what reason it is, I think a customer should be treated equally. In short, I do not feel comfortable at all throughout this dining experience.


Total Damage: RM553.30
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 1/5
Food Serving Speed: Fast
Will I Revisit?: No


Iketeru
Hilton Hotel KL
8th Floor
3, Jalan Stesen Sentral,
Kuala Lumpur Sentral,
Kl
Tel: 03- 2264 2264
Business Hours: 12.00pm - 10.30pm (Monday - Friday); 11.00am - 10.30pm (for other days) 

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Kedai Kopi Jia Siang Sheng Rou Mian, Lintas Plaza

City Square Shooting Gallery @Menara TKSS, Segambut