Mureung Dowon, Ampang

Ampang has always been famous with the Korean cuisine and it really can take you a long time to finish dining all the Korean restaurant here. Especially when Groupon offer a deal to dine in Mureung Dowon, you just have to grab it at all cost. The link for the deal is as follows;

This deal comes with;
1) 4 slices of BBQ Pork Belly Strip
2) 200g of BBQ marinated chicken
3) 200g of roasted duck

The place is pretty secluded because it is located in the dead end of the road. No cars will pass by the shop. Luckily they are located same row with CIMB which at least there is a landmark which easily known but everyone.

It has a separated room alike for all the seating in this restaurant.
View from the top
This is how the room is separated.
I really like their side dishes. All are equally delicious and I refilled quite a number of times. However, the boss started to give a kind of look when I request to refill for the fourth time.
Dong Dong Ju @RM25.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - This is the Korean homemade rice wine. Quite a good drink but I do not think it is meant for 2 pax. It can feed up to 4 pax because such a big pot!

Sam Gyup Sal
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - This is a real delicious pork belly I have ever ate. I found that the belly part of an animal is the most delicious part of all and the most expensive part too. Other example are Salmon belly and Tuna belly which are so expensive and the most delicious part. Is it true? I do not know about beef because I do not eat them.

Cooked and ready to eat. This is cooked by one of the waiter which I feel that he is really pay attention with the cooking until the end he suddenly left the meat like this with the stove fire is still on. No instruction is given whether we can start to eat or not. Because most of the Korean restaurant that I have been, they will put the meat aside in a plate once is ready to eat.
BBQ marinated chicken
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 -  I will explain later why no after cook photos for chicken and duck. As for the taste, this is another delicious marinated chicken. Definitely must order!

Roasted Duck
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - This duck meat is way better than what I have tried at Go-gung Fusion by Koryo-Won. But too bad...read below to find out why I said so.

Look at that!!! I can't believe the waiter left the plate for more than 10 minutes and burned like this. I never been to a Korean restaurant that the waiter who cook our meat can be such irresponsible. FYI, this is just a part of meat which is really cannot eat because is super black. Others, I just have to close one eyes and eat up. Hopefully I will not get stomach cancer. I really find myself so stupid enough for not to complain for this issue.
Overall, this is a good restaurant that serve authentic and high quality meat even it is a coupon offer. This offer is real good but too bad that the service is real bad. One, the disappointing waiter who left the meat on the grill just like that and second, the Korean boss who gave an annoying face when you refill too frequently.
Total Damage: RM56.00
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 0/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Will I Revisit?: No, I usually do not give a bad service restaurant a second chance. However, you are recommended to try this restaurant for their high quality food.


Mureung Dowon
2nd Floor, Jalan Mamanda 7/1,
Jalan Ampang,
68000 Ampang
KL
Tel: 03 - 4270 5989
Business Hours: 11.30am - 3.00pm; 5.30pm - 11.00pm (off on Monday)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Merlion Park, Singapore

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon

Chong Siew Lam Restaurant, Serdang