Xenri D' Garden Terrace, Menara Hap Seng


Alright, after our tiresome and exciting real gun shooting...it is time for our favorite Japanese cuisine and this time we are going to Xenri D'Garden Terrace New Kaiseki Cuisine which is located at Menara Hap Seng. This restaurant has a branch at Hong Kong too and of course at the busy road of Old Klang Road which I prefer to dine at Menara Hap Seng instead.

A picture for Suyin before we start our feasting in there.
Very nice decoration inside here and indeed it is a high class Japanese restaurant.
Their table settings and I like their private room the most which can accommodate up to 15 pax.
We started our dinner with a free Chuka Wakame as our starter courtesy from the restaurant itself.
A closer shot on Chuka Wakame
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - Delicious! It is a perfect starter! Wish can add more...

Otsukuri Mori @RM85.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - This Sashimi dish supposedly comes with 5 different kinds of fish and 3 slices per kind. However, they only serve 4 kinds of fish with extra one slice per kind. It is not the restaurant does not have other Sashimi to serve. It is just because I prefer to have fish only on my plate. I love all of them because they are same thickness and so fresh. No fishy smell at all. That's how a Sashimi should be taste like.

Sake Toro @FOC
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 5/5
Overall: 4/5 - You must be wondering why it is free. Due to our Otsukuri which supposed to have 5 kinds and it ended up with only 4 kinds, I just inquire one of the waiter for the reason behind this. I really asked in a friendly manner and Suyin can vouch for me on that. After the waiter got the answer from the chef, he told me that because I ordered only fish in my Otsukuri, they only have 4 types of fishes only which are Salmon, Tuna, Butter Fish and Yellow Tail. He added that he has compensated that with additional piece for each of a kind. I am pretty happy with the explanation. But after 5 minutes later, the captain of the restaurant came with a plate of Sake Toro for us. We were surprised and looking at her. She explained that because of our "complaint" earlier on, the restaurant would like to compensate us with the Sake Toro. I was amazed! Anyhow I explained to her that I wasn't complain but just wanted to have a clarification only. At first, she looks pretty serious with the reluctant feel of compensating the Sake Toro to us but after my explanation, she left with a smile. Either is real or fake smile, I do appreciate the restaurant's intention. As you can see a simple free dish, they also will serve it with a decent presentation. As for the taste, I always love Sake Toro than Cho Toro which cost 6 times more. 

Soft Shell Crab Sarada @RM27.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Unbelievably delicious! I have tried a soft shell crab which is very hard to chew and also tried a soft shell crab which over cooked with the bitter taste. For this one, it was perfectly done. Too perfect and almost unbelievable.

Shake Cheese Temaki @RM11.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - It is either we eat it too late or the seaweed wrapper is already stale itself. Either way, I think they should serve Temaki when most of our food on the table has almost finish. I really dislike to eat a stale seaweed wrapper when it is easily stuck in our teeth. Urgh...

Unagi Temaki @RM11.00++ - The ratings and comments will be same as above.

Shake Carpaccio @RM39.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5 - I am really impressed the new way of serving a Sashimi. They have the salmon light cook on the skin area only and accompany with the sea fungus at the bottom. The most amazing part is their sweet sauce which carry a slight sourish taste to tickle our taste bud. Please don't dip this with the soy sauce or wasabi. It is a waste if you do so.

Inaniwa Udon @RM26.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5 - Lately as you can see that I am indulge with Inaniwa Udon more than Cha Soba. I found that this noodle is much more smooth and tender than Cha Soba. That's not all. The sauce used by this restaurant is the type of sauce I has been looking for. The best partner for my cold noodle. Must try!

Let Suyin tells you all what is her marks for this restaurant. Actually that's my mark too. Basically, we are happy with all the food they have served to us except the stale seaweed wrapper. As for the service, I dislike the way captain look (no smile at all!) which has given to us while compensating us with the Sake Toro. It is somehow spoiled a certain percentage of our appetite. 

Anyhow, that's our great one day adventure together. Wish my dear Suyin a wonderful Birthday and all the best with her passion in DJ-ing. I really do hope she can come to work in Kluang to replace some schoolboys DJ at Flyzone, Prime City Hotel. Really pathetic to know that BCB Berhad is hiring some noobies who does not know how to mix songs to control the DJ console. It is a real humilating for Kluang.

To Suyin, I still admire on how you got all the funds to do so much thing you want at such a young age. It somehow makes my mind playing the words "shame on me" over and over again. Anyway, well done...the rest of the path of your road is you, yourself to carve it out. You should know how and what is the best for yourself. Good luck!

Total Damage: RM237.80
Ambiance: 5/5
Service: 1/5
Food Serving Speed: Fast
Will I Revisit?: Surely it is a recommended restaurant. Might try their buffet style which is only available for Saturday dinner.

Xenri D' Garden Terrace
2-04, 2nd Floor,
The Podium Menara Hap Seng,
Jalan P.Ramlee
52050 KL
Tel: 03-2078 6688
Business Hours: 12.00pm -2.30pm; 6.00pm - 10.30pm (daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Marini's on 57 @KLCC

Restoran Goon Wah, Kuchai Lama

Tasik Biru Kangkar Pulai, Johor Bahru

Restoran Hin Kee Hong Kong Dim Sum, SS2

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu