Kuriya Japanese Restaurant @Bangsar Shopping Centre

Suyin has recommended to me numerous of times and want me to come over to Kuriya Japanese Restaurant to try their food and she wants me to blog this great place too. Is it really that good? 
Very exquisite design and pretty high class standard of Japanese restaurant. 
Other part of the design. I am sorry that my sister's mom threw away the receipts so my price and the name of the food maybe not accurate. Actually my sister asked me to "be flexible" because she only thought that I am using the receipt for this blog and she has no idea I need it to make claim. Sometimes she is quite cruel with her words.
We started our date for that day quite hilariously. Just want to write it down here so that I remember what has happened on that day. We set up a 2.00pm date but at that moment both Suyin's phone are running out of battery. I was late on that day because I thought she said it was at Bangsar Village. So I was late for 15 mins and I thought she has left since I unable to reach her. I did a search inside the restaurant too but in the end I decided to give up and left the place. Just about to take my car from the jockey, she suddenly called me that she just arrived because of the traffic jam. She was late for 45 mins and I have to ask the jockey to park back my car again. Hahaha...So we decided if such thing happens again, we will left a note for each other.
Sashimi Moriawase @RM68.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Only 5 kinds with 2 pieces each. As for the taste, they are fresh but... I do not find it tasty. Suyin had the same opinion as well. Is it what the movie said about knife skill? A good knife skill can bring out the real sashimi taste? Hmm...I wonder...

Soft Shell Crab Maki
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - The soft shell crab was very good but I find it the rice is somehow taste like what my mom always cook. Not the Japanese rice that I have tried all along.

Beef Skewed
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Suyin said their beef is their highlights so she ordered this. Unfortunately, she was totally let down by it. Seems like it does not happen what she have tried before previously.

Salmon Steak
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - If you can see the below picture there is a tiny layer of light brown sauce on top of the salmon. Seriously spoiling the taste of the sweet salmon meat. 

A closer look.
Soba Gozen
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 2/5
Taste: 1/5
Overall: 2/5 - Not really remember the name of their soba. But it is their handmade soba which is one of their restaurant highlight as well. There is only one type of soba so most likely you will not miss it. However, the worst part is the sauce for the cold noodle. It is not the soba sauce but it is a normal soy sauce that we used to dip our sushi and sashimi! Terrible! It was so salty! Unbelievable for a restaurant like this serving such a sauce to their customers.

Unagi Chawanmushi @RM18.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 2/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 2/5 - This expensive chawanmushi just has that slice of unagi meat and others are all just steamed egg. They do not bother to put any extra ingredients in it. Very plain.

A piece of Unagi + a tiny cup of steamed egg for RM18.00++. Easy money...
This restaurant has totally let her down and so do I. We were travelling from the east and the south for this place which ended up nothing but disappointment. Their service was pretty good at first but after that they really not alert to clear our empty plates of the tables. This is the first ever Japanese restaurant that I have dined with no such anticipation.
Total Damage: RM171.45
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 2/5
Food Serving Speed: Fast
Will I Revisit?: No

Kuriya Japanese Restaurant
T2, 3rd Floor, Bangsar Shopping Centre,
285, Jalan Ma'arof, Taman Bukit Bandaraya,
59000 Kuala Lumpur
03-20939242
Business: Hours: 11.00am - 10.30pm (daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Premier 101 Food Court, Kuching

Shihlin Taiwan Street Snacks @Berjaya Times Square

Thac Tinh Yeu (Love Waterfall), Sapa