Wah Kee Big Prawn Noodles @Cambridge Road Hawker Centre, Pek Kio

If you remember what I mentioned before in my post about Soo Kee's Prawn Mee, I have long craved for the best prawn noodle. Finally, I only able to find one at Singapore instead of Malaysia. Sound quite pathetic. I have waited in the queue standing for 30 minutes. Their food serving speed is extremely slow and I can see they are showing no sense of urgency. More surprisingly is the attitude shown by the workers there are rude and without any smile. Well, who cares as I just want my prawn mee. Hahaha...
Kuey Tiau is separate from the prawns. The gravy for them are different as well. This is more clear soup type and very slight prawn taste in it. The main reason is I ordered a S$10.00 prawn mee. The serving is totally different.
What you will get from a S$10.00 prawn mee are a separate noodle with own soup like the previous photo, a pot of 3 large Tiger Prawns with own gravy like the above and a pack of tissue. The gravy for the prawn soup is really delicious. I like them a lot. However, I prefer the noodles to be mixed together with the prawns instead of having their individual soup.
The price of S$3.00, S$5.00, S$8.00 and S$10.00 are determined by the size of the prawns. As you can see that when you ordered the S$10.00, the prawn can be this big, fresh and delicious! Somehow I feel it is worth every single dollar especially when you are earning a SGD. Otherwise will be RM25.00 for a bowl of prawn mee at a hawker centre will be sound pretty ridiculous.
Total Damage: S$20.00
Ambiance: 3/5
Service: 1/5
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Food Serving Speed: Very Slow
Will I Revisit?: Yes.


Wah Kee Big Prawn Noodles
Blk 41A, Cambridge Road Hawker Centre (Pek Kio) #01-15
Business Hours: 7.30am - 2.00pm (Monday off)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Merlion Park, Singapore

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Calypso Cabaret Ladyboy Show @Asiatique The Riverfront

Premier 101 Food Court, Kuching