Sin Lian Shin, Kuching

Finally this is my last post about my Kuching trip. Actually before I started this trip, I did my homework about good food and great activities at Kuching. So that's why I able to present to you all these good locations. Today will be the most famous local delicacy of all which is the Kolo Mee. I may have given a brief introduction about Kolo Mee at the Golden Arch Cafe post but that is not really the best. Sin Lian Shin is recognized by the local as one of the best.

However, I had a hard time to find this place. I have research a couple of times in the internet and I found that they are quite lazy to give a map location or even an address and even their business hours. It is quite inconvenient for us if we do not have those information and it is quite pointless for them to post in the internet too. Since I understand what I usually need, those information will be given in my every post. Please feel free to click on the map link given at the end of the post. It is very accurate.

This is the location and not easily to spot them even though they are just right beside the famous Jalan Green because the Jalan Green is so long and you do not know where to start looking.
Kolo Mee @RM3.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Pretty expensive for a serving like this but the taste is real good and quite a lot of mee. This is served without the red sauce. In my opinion, I prefer it without the red sauce. I find the red sauce is just coloring. 

Wantan Soup @RM3.50
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - Optional order for a bowl of wantan soup. It is quite a big bowl and it is essential to accompany our dull kolo mee.

Overall, I will say I still do not know how to identify a good kolo mee. So far, I find that the kolo mee is very easy to chew and tangy already enough to consider as good. Maybe my next visit, I will try a few more stalls. As of now, I will mark this as the end of my Kuching post. I hope I have compiled an informative information about Kuching. 

Oh ya...about staying at Kuching. I would highly recommended Hotel Urban Resort 360. It is a 3 stars hotel but the facilities and the room are 4 stars. As for their price, it is even less than 3 stars hotel. I booked through Agoda which is just cost me around RM100++/night inculde breakfast. However, I got bored with their breakfast after continuously staying in the hotel for 4 days. Their gym was quite okay just a few equipment are spoiled. Their swimming pool is not that big but it is still can be called a swimming pool. The best part is they have free wi-fi service. Anyway, it is way better than staying in a budget hotel with no windows in their room. That's horrible!

A short note to my sister: Thank you so much and you know that I appreciate a lot to have you with me in this trip. You have shown me a great capability of being a great woman to be with. Whoever you will be with, that guy is a 'damn' lucky person. There are ups and downs along the way in between. I hope it is not some sort of big deal to erase each other efforts so far. Thank you once again.

Total Damage: RM9.50
Ambiance: 2/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Recommended?: Yes

Sin Lian Shin
182 Jalan Green  
93150 Kuching, 
Sarawak
Tel: 082-240726
Business Hours: 6.00am - 2.00pm

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Premier 101 Food Court, Kuching

Shihlin Taiwan Street Snacks @Berjaya Times Square

City Square Shooting Gallery @Menara TKSS, Segambut