Cafe Cafe, Sibu

This post is making the end of my Sibu trip. I really want to thank Suyin's aunt who is sitting in the middle of this picture for taking me to go all these places, giving me place to stay for whole 5 days and have a car for me to drive around but I did not use that car though because I did do any homework on where to go at Sibu. Pretty much relying on Suyin which she actually relying on her aunt. This final farewell dinner is held at a high class restaurant which is known as Cafe Cafe. Definitely not the same Cafe Cafe in KL but this is definitely way better than the one in KL at all aspects. You will understand why I saw so if you read on.
I really love the lightings and the designs of this restaurant. Please do enjoy the whole pictures here before I moved on to their food.
They have a small pond in the restaurant. Classic romantic feeling roam around this restaurant.
With great picture on the wall like this, the atmosphere will be totally different.
They have 2 1/2 floors in this restaurant. Pretty big but easily crowded.
Colorful lanterns to set in the mood.
More wall pictures...
For bigger and private groups.
Just for chill...
This is the shot on the second level. It is dedicated for bigger group.
Closer look on this lighting if you noticed it in the previous picture.
Remember I said they have 2 1/2 floors? This is the 1/2 floors and for more privacy. However, the flooring is made of wood which is quite unstable and shaky.
Real trees inside the restaurant??
I really like their chandeliers.
This is the seatings at the ground floor.
Getting amazed with this restaurant or getting bored like this kid here who is can't wait to eat? Let's move on to the real highlights.
Green Tea Milkshake @RM13.00. Must order if you are a green tea lover. However, I think it is slightly too expensive.
Spaghetti Marinara @RM16.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - Delicious but it is too huge!!! Impossible for one person! Sharing is greatly recommended.

Sea Cucumber Soup @RM10.00
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Not much sea cucumber in it but it is not a bad soup if you do not feel like ordeing other type of soups.

Creamy BBYs @RM19.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - This is one person's portion??? Ridiculously big! Very delicious and this is highly recommended by me to those who loves to eat Fish Head Noodle. The soup is so milky fragrance which you wish to finish it all up on your own. This is the best for the night!

Fish & Chips @RM19.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Not bad for me. The most important for me about fish is it does not taste too fishy and the chips are not too oily. That's all.

Salmon Steak @RM28.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Delicious salmon and well made steak which retain the sweet juicy meat of salmon inside and makes you smile till the end of your face while savouring it.

Turkey Ham Toast @RM12.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - I failed to judge this final dish right because we were all too full to continue to eat. However, I did had a tiny bite and it was not bad at all.

Bailey's Ice Cream @RM8.00. Pretty plain chocolate ice cream with rums in it. Not bad but not really recommended.
This is the restaurant and the service are pretty good! I feel like being treated like a king! The other best part of this restaurant is all their prices shown are nett. No taxes. However, their drinks are a little overly expensive. Just a normal Vodka Apple which I usually had it at RM8.00 but they are selling at RM36.00. For your information, the owner of this restaurants owned 3 restaurants in this same row of shops. This shop located at the most right.
Next to it is The Queen which is also a western restaurant.
While the most left is the Zen Japanese Restaurant which you can eventually order their sushi to bring over to Cafe Cafe restaurant and dine. The owner must be freaking rich.
Haha...aunty's husband is trying to show off what he bought from Turkey. I really appreciate their hospitality which I find myself like home despite having an ugly one with Suyin. Well, I do not know when I can repay their kindness but all I can say is thank you for giving me all these wonderful memories. 
Out of topic: In case you plan to go to Miri from Sibu like what I did, the easiest way of course taking MasWings (AirAsia does not have flight from Sibu - Miri at this moment). Well, as a budget person like me, I will opt for a bus ride. There are more than 10 companies that is providing bus to Miri so the competition is very high. If you have a slightly bigger group, you can easily get a cheap ticket as low as RM25/pax (normal rate: RM35/pax). I will not recommend you to take those RM25/pax ticket bus. Reasons:

1) The ride will take you approximately 8 hours ride with 2 stops at Keningau and Niah. You do not want to sit in such an uncomfortable and smelly bus for 8 hours right?
2) The road to Miri is very VERY bad! Curvy and bumpy so safety first. So get a better bus.

So I highly recommend Asia Star bus by Biaramas company. It is a double decker bus with only 30 passengers with bus attendants too! It is a Super VVIP seating with 2+1 seat concept with personal 6" LCD TV for you to watch the latest movies, listen to songs and even play games. Light snacks and a bottle of water are included as well for the price of RM60/pax. Very comfortable and you will not realized the 8 hours passing by so easily.

There is only one schedule for the bus to Miri which is at 6.00am and I can tell you this time is just perfect. When you reach Miri, it will be at 2.00pm and it is just the right time for you to check in the hotel. You do not waste your day in Miri at all.

This will be my little tips to travel from Sibu to Miri. I hope my report here will give you a rough guidance about Sibu. Thanks for reading.

Total Damage: RM184.00
Ambiance: 5/5
Service: 4/5
Food Serving Speed: Fast
Recommended: Highly recommended

Cafe Cafe
10, Jalan Chew Geok Lin,
96000 Sibu
Sarawak
Tel: 084-328 101, 012-883 8108, 012-809 1238
Business Hours: 11.30am - 4.00pm; 6.00pm - 11.00pm (Monday off)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Merlion Park, Singapore

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu