Restoran Ole Sayang, Melaka

There are 2 famous Nyonya restaurants in Melaka. First is the one I have blogged before which is Restoran Nyonya Makko. Second is this restaurant which is known as Restoran Ole Sayang. 
You will be given a basket of rice like this to fill in the rice yourself. The charges is per head and not per basket.
Puchok Keledek @RM10.00
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - I wanted to give a score of 4 for this after my first bite but after my subsequent bite the saltiness became greater and make me forget the good taste in the first bite.

Ayam Pong Teh @RM12.00
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 2/5 - This is the signature dish for every Nyonya restaurant but this super hard chicken meat and salty gravy...I really do not know how to appreciate them. I rather eat the potatoes.

Cincaluk Telur @RM7.00
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 1/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 1/5
Overall: 1/5 - Looks like a common omelette, taste also like a common omelette. So a price tag of RM7.00 is just overpriced. I can do it myself too. 

Assam Pedas Jenak @RM32.00
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 1/5
Overall: 2/5 - This assam pedas fish is delicious but still a little salty for me. They really cannot reduce their saltiness. Anyhow, this fish is too expensive for me.

Cendol @RM2.20
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - This is the best among all the dishes I have order in this restaurant. However, I still think Restoran Nyonya Makko serves the best cendol in a Nyonya restaurant even though their portion is small and expensive.

Overall, I believe this Nyonya Restaurant is a bit over rated. You may try this restaurant if you are bored with Restoran Nyonya Makko.
Total Damage: RM71.30
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 4/5
Food Serving Speed: Fast
Recommended?: No


Restoran Ole Sayang
198-199, Taman Melaka Raya, 
75000 Melaka
Business Hours: 11:30am - 2:30pm, 6:00pm - 9:30pm (Closed on Wednesday)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Merlion Park, Singapore

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon

Chong Siew Lam Restaurant, Serdang