Sawadee Thai Cuisine @Bophut Fisherman Village, Koh Samui

I really in love with Thai food so the first thing I would like to eat when I came to Koh Samui is to find a Thai restaurant so I came into this restaurant called Sawadee Thai Cuisine which is located at Bophut Fisherman Village. Actually almost all the restaurants here serves Thai food but not most of them serve only Thai food. Koh Samui is a tourist destination so even the restaurant menu has to be internationalized. Only Sawadee Thai Cuisine serves almost 100% original Thai food. 
Paneng Pork @290 baht++
Outlook: 2/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 2/5 - Paneng curry is a type of Thai curry that is generally milder than other Thai curries. It traditionally includes dried chili peppers, galangal, lemongrass, coriander root, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, garlic, shrimp paste and salt, and sometimes also shallots and peanuts. So it is taste least spicy than other Thai curry. The taste of dish is made a little sloppy because I do not feel it is worth 290 baht for me. It is more like a 100 baht the most I can give.

Seafood Pad Ka Prao @290 baht++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Pad Ka Prao is same like what we used to eat in a Malay restaurant called basil leaf. So this seafood is cooked with basil leaf. The taste is a little too sweet than our Malay style. I still prefer Malay style basil leaf.

Omelette Shrimp @240 baht++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 1/5 
Overall: 2/5 - Just a normal omelette with few shrimps in it but cost you 240 baht. I do not understand why am I ordering this.

Coconut Soup Seafood @290 baht++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 2/5 - After tried a Tom Khai Kai at Sky Coffee Shop at Bangkok, I really miss the taste so I ordered the same and it turns out to be they have purposely changed the taste. This coconut soup tomyam is made 100% for foreigners who can't take spicy food. It is like a bowl of milk with few sea creatures swimming in it. I love milky food but not until this extend.

This is how the back of the restaurant looks like facing the big sea.
Overall, I think this restaurant is overpriced with a mediocre food. Not worth it.
Total Damage: 1669 baht
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 4/5
Food Serving Speed: Fast
Recommended?: No

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

City Square Shooting Gallery @Menara TKSS, Segambut

Japanese Tea House & Botanical Garden, Bukit Tinggi

Kedai Kopi Jia Siang Sheng Rou Mian, Lintas Plaza