Heun Kee Claypot Chicken Rice, Pudu

Have you ever visited a restaurant which is highly recommended by a tv programme? This is my first time and the restaurant name is Heun Kee Claypot Chicken Rice. This restaurant is recommended by Axian (阿贤) in "Taste with Jason" Programme.
I like this restaurant is they really 100% using charcoal to make their claypot rice. So the waiting for the claypot rice will take a while. It is best to call them 45 minutes earlier before your arrival so you will reduce your waiting time especially to those who has limited lunch time to spend.
The response were extremely great during the lunch session seems like the tv programme has increased their fame.
Pig Stomach with White Pepper Soup @RM9.00
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - The pepper taste is quite strong to remove any awkward taste from the pig stomach. This is the best dish I had on that day.

You Mak @RM6.00
Outlook: 2/5
Creativity: 1/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 2/5 - Okay, let's start counting the vegetable you can see with your fingers...1, 2, 3...9! Okay great! RM6.00 for 9 vegetables...pathetic enough? They still got the guts to serve it. Great! Utterly ridiculous! As for the taste, I will say not that bad.

Claypot Waxed Duck Rice @RM38.00
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 1/5
Price: 1/5
Overall: 2/5 - The one mark is given for the white rice and the green onions which are the only part that is not salty at all. The saltiness level on the meat is ridiculously horrible! I can't finished them no matter how I forced myself. Please give me a break! Recommended restaurant?? The crust was also very little to dig. It is totally different with what I see on the tv!

Actually I am not surprised that what you see in the tv is what you do not get in reality. So my next question is how come there is still a lot of people here??? It is my tongue problem? But my dad said the same thing as well. Or it is a mistake done in the kitchen when serving me? Anyone can tell me? But one thing is undeniable is the price. RM38.00 for a claypot rice for two? Don't you think is a little overpriced?

Total Damage: RM58.50 - almost RM30.00/pax for a claypot rice lunch...ridiculous.
Ambiance: 3/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Slow
Will I Revisit?: No

Heun Kee Claypot Chicken Rice
59, Ground Floor
Jalan Yew
Pudu 55100
KL
Tel: 03-92001603
Business Hours: 11.00am - 9.00pm (off on Sundays)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu