Pulau Mantanani, Kota Belud

Pulau Mantanani which is located 2 hours drive from Kota Kinabalu plus 45 minutes speedboat ride from Kota Abai Jetty, Kota Belud. This island is very famous because there is a possibility to see dolphins here when on the 45 minutes boat ride. 
The 45 minutes boat ride will pass by water villages and the water here is very dirty since human is staying there to pollute the river.
Crossing the South China Sea, we can see the huge black cloud is coming towards us. Expecting heavy rain will be reaching us shortly. This is bad news especially to the snorkelers.
Just roughly let you know how Pulau Mantanani is like. Pulau Mantanani is separated into three which are known as Pulau Mantanani Besar, Pulau Mantanani Kecil and Pulau Lungisan.
Palm Beach is one of the beach on the the Pulau Mantanani Besar. Actually you have the option whether to opt for a day trip or prefer to stay in the island. This round I only have time for a day trip. I will definitely come back again for 2 nights stay. Actually, staying there is cheaper than a day trip!
This island is known by all over the Asian countries and with just one country which is China knows...this island will be all flock by the Chinese. I am not kidding as my that day trip 99% of the tourists are from China and Hong Kong took over the whole Palm Beach. The 1% is me...who is not! Incredible! The know this place through their website and word of mouth. Pulau Mantanani to them is also known as Mermaid Island. Not sure why but in case someone from China asking you about Mermaid Island, you should know they are referring about Pulau Mantanani.
Palm Beach is not really beautiful to me and I understand that the best beach is the Dugong Beach. This beach is mainly for day trips.
The Chinese seems like enjoying this beach a lot! Taking pictures and swimming in the sea. 
This is a very relaxing island. I am so regret that I did not stay here.
This is the lunch area and we have a buffet cum BBQ style for our lunch.
Satay, Sausage and Chicken Wings! All are yummy! Overall, the buffet was good.
This is the dive center and we are going to get our equipment!
This is the price if you lost the equipment. You do not want that to happen in your beautiful trip. Alright, let's start diving!
Rubbish!!! Oh no, this is the first thing I saw. Really upsetting me.
Fishing net??? I never know they are allowed to fish here!
The corals here are beautiful but the sad part is not much fish to see. 
I am honestly not happy with the Palm Beach Mantanani Holdings Sdn Bhd. They arranged my diving activities to accommodate with Discover Scuba Divers (DSD) and snorkelers. Instead of doing my wreck dive, I ended up diving in such a boring dive site.
Paying RM350 which inclusive hotel transfer, boat transfer, meals, equipment and 2 boat dives which is consider not a very bad deal but I do not feel worthwhile when my diving trip is not enjoyable.
Pulau Mantanani really did live up to their name so I am very sure I am going to come back again for a wreck dive.
Not much fish to see so I ended up taking any fish I can see.
Finally spotted a Khul's Stingray...at least something.
Lionfish...yeah...getting there.
Two nudibranchs were mating. I wish I can stay to record the whole session.
There is a lot of unique slug which I have not seen before.
Argh...this is pretty!
This is quite common for me.
This Giant Pufferfish is really huge!!! I wonder how much toxic can this fish immerse out from his massive body.
A Masked Porcupinefish!!! I would like to see it to become a balloon!
This is a common porcupinefish. Quite a lot of these species under the sea.
Pulau Mantanani is the best island to go to compare with Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park. The 5 islands of Pulau Sulug, Pulau Gaya, Pulau Manukan, Pulau Sapi and Pulau Mamutik are not comparable with this island. On the way back, I was like hiding a horse because the strong wave cause by the heavy rain storm. We are actually not allow to take the boat back with such a terrible weather but I don't think the company can afford to let us stay in the island. I was all wet in the end.
Total Damage: RM350.00
Service: 1/5
Freakout Level: 2/5
Recommended?: Yes but not the company

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Kedai Kopi Jia Siang Sheng Rou Mian, Lintas Plaza

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu