Lafite @Shangri-La Hotel

Another high class restaurant to introduce for everyone to celebrate with their special one during special days. This is the Lafite restaurant which is located inside the Shangri-La Hotel KL. It is a French restaurant serving their finest French Cuisine by chef Jean-Philippe Guiard. Please take note that you need to wear casual formal which means with collar and long pants and shoes for the men and dress for the ladies. Otherwise you will be restricted from dining in this restaurant.
French cuisine will always remind us about Jerome and Elise whom we missed so much after our experience together at Koh Lipe and Penang. I guess our new French friends are still traveling around the world. Well, hope that they are enjoying themselves as much as they can.
Delicious complimentary breads for us to eat while waiting. Truly genuine French bread with 6 different kind of breads. We had their 6 course dinner which cost @RM330.00++ per pax. 
Complimentary appetizer which is made from crab meat. Not sure the name of it. By the way, I had quite a struggle to convince the waiter to change their fixed menu. Their main course only served beef which I cannot eat and I dislike to have the same dessert. Anyway, in the end they comply my both requests but not for one thing which I will explain to you later on.
Crab Mille-feuille with Avocado, Tomato Condiment and Basil
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - This is a very creative to make different kinds of style in every layer by just using crab. From their meat to roe. Very delicious and every layer brings you different kind of excitement.


Roasted Maine Lobster on Potato Galette with Dieppoise Sauce, Mussels and Spring Vegetables
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - That simple small piece of lobster is so delicious and it is just not enough for me. This is what I hate about French cuisine for making everything so small. I want bigger! LOL

Porcini Soup with Pan-fried Hokkaido Scallop Garlic Cream and Parsley Coulis
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - Ok, they heard me and serve a bigger scallop to pleasure my appetite. It is a delicious and fresh scallop but the main credit is still goes to the Porcini Soup. Delightfully delicious when the thick mushroom fragrance roam in my mouth and I wouldn't want to get rid of it.

Chicken Fricassee with a Creamy Truffle Sauce, Button Mushrooms, Baby Onions and Roasted Potatoes
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - Made from chicken breast and the highlight is the moment you take the first bite of the chicken, you can taste it is made hours. It is so soft to eat chew and swallow. Fantastic for able to make a simple chicken meat to be this delicious.

Lamb Loin with Herb Crust, Potato Gratin, Baby Squash, Eggplant Caviar and Tapenade Jus
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - The gamey taste is still strong but it does not matter to me. The problem is I do not taste anything fascinating from this dish. I am expecting more from a high class french restaurant thou. 

Assorted French Cheese from Mr Bordier
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 2/5
Taste: 0/5
Overall: 1/5 - This is the one I earlier mentioned on what I want to talk about. I requested them to change this to anything else which is cheaper since this cost RM45.00++. I really do not mind that rather for me not knowing how to appreciate this. However, they are so rigid and reluctant to change. What a waste because I only took a real tiny bite and I cannot continue anymore because it was really disgusting for me. Sorry to say to all cheese lovers.

Poached Fruit Salad in Bourbon Vanilla Syrup with Raspberry Sorbet and Roasted Almonds
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Very sourish sorbet which is good for digestion after a heavy meal. However, I dislike a sourish dessert.

Warm Chocolate Fondant with Vanilla Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - It is not a bad dessert but I am expecting more from a French restaurant to surprise me with something special than other ordinary restaurants.

Overall, it is a very good restaurant with excellent food. However, the service is a little too rigid and the price is quite high but you would have to expect that in a high class French restaurant.
Total Damage: RM647.30
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 2/5
Price: 2/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Will I Revisit?: No but recommended.

Lafite
Shangri-La Hotel KL
11, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-20743900
Business Hours: 12.00pm - 2.30pm (Monday - Friday); 7.00pm - 10.30pm (Monday - Saturday) - (closed on Sundays and public holidays)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Tasik Biru Kangkar Pulai, Johor Bahru

Restoran Goon Wah, Kuchai Lama

Marini's on 57 @KLCC

Restoran Hin Kee Hong Kong Dim Sum, SS2

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan