Kyodai Izakaya Japanese Restaurant, Kluang

Happy Chinese New Year everyone! What is so great about celebrating Chinese New Year this year is my Elayne jie surprised me with her super cute daughter Ying Ying an visited me at Kluang! I just cannot upset her so I decided to treat her a good Japanese cuisine in Kluang which is known as Kyodai Izakaya Japanese Restaurant.
Sashimi Moriawase (2 pax) @RM90.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - They have a choice of Tuna, Salmon, Amberjack, Swordfish, Scallops and Prawns to choose from. That day they do not have Amberjack which is known as Kampachi so I ended with delicious Tuna, Salmon and Swordfish. I am very satisfied with their Moriawase because they are so flexible to make sure all of us get to taste at least one piece of each type of fish.

Chawanmushi @RM8.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - This is the second time we visited this restaurant. The previous one we had a delicious Ikura Chawanmushi from them. However, this time is not really up to my expectation like my previous one but Elayne jie is still satisfy with it.

Gindara Teriyaki @RM27.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - This cod fish is well made and so sweet which I was kind of reluctant to share with anyone. Well, for my goddaughter Ying Ying's sake...I have to accept it. LOL

Kanpachi Nitsuke @RM28.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - I like the idea of to braise the Amberjack fish but I just really cannot accept the taste which carries a little fishy for me. However, Elayne jie is satisfied with it so means that I have a very high standard on food. In another words..."picky". LOLx2

Ninniku Fried Rice @RM7.50++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - I really like the fragrance of the rice but when I took my first bite, all I could taste is saltiness. However, this rice is still not bad at all for a Japanese restaurant in a small town.

We opened a Yuzu Sake which is known as Hakutsuru Nigoriyuzu (720ml) which cost us at RM138.00++. Not cheap at all but we all like the taste of it.
I would say I am proud that my small town, Kluang now has a decent quality Japanese Restaurant which is worth to brag of. However, I am hoping for their consistency issue. I can see the food quality difference between my first visit and second visit which is quite obvious. So I really wish they read this and get their quality at the same standard at all times. Last but not least, thank you to my Elayne jie and jie fu for coming over to Kluang. Hope you all can do it every year! =)
Total Damage: RM313.45
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 4/5
Food Serving Speed: Slow except Sashimi
Recommended?: Yes

Kyodai Izakaya Japanese Restaurant
Kluang Song Mart
Jalan Duku
86000 Kluang Johor
Tel: 014-987 8809
Business Hours: 6.00pm - 1.00am

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Merlion Park, Singapore

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon

Chong Siew Lam Restaurant, Serdang