Ferdinand's @The Magellan Sutera Harbour

Today I will bring you to a romantic dinner at Ferdinand's, The Magellan Sutera Harbour. This is an Italian 5 star restaurant which you must be ready for an expensive bill during checking out.
If that day is special for you, just let them know and they will place you to a special quiet location with a lot of romantic decoration around it.
Our chef today is Chef Daniele Rossetto from Venice, Italy. We have a very high expectation with the food that is about to serve to us from him.
We have a dedicated waitress called Ms. Alice that is specially assigned to serve us personally. She is always standing nearby to attend to us if we need anything. Very attentive customer service is given by this restaurant.
The choices in their menu is not a lot for you to choose from but it is fine for me because at least you know every each of them are the signature by Chef  Daniele Rossetto.
Complimentary delicious bread is given to us. I wish to finish them off but I do not want to get to full which will spoil my entire dinner course later.
A complimentary appetizer which is made from a dragon fruit. Very delightful starting.
This is the starter for the dinner set course which is cost at RM210.00++ which is inclusive of appetizer, soup, main course and dessert. The foie gras is the best and the scallop with bacon is good too. I should have order a bigger portion of their foie gras. This is just not enough. Taste - 4/5
Mushroom Soup (included in the set)
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 5/5
Overall: 4/5 - I can regard this as one of my best ever mushroom soup that I have tasted so far. Rich of mushroom taste and so creamy which you wish there are more!

Broccoli Soup @RM29.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - 3 delicious scallops and a muffin to dip in the soup. Very delicious but I prefer if the soup is slightly warmer and with more broccoli bits.

First time seeing a restaurant providing this complimentary sorbet for us before we start our main course. It is really creative and brilliant idea. It washed away our previous taste and get ready for the real main course.
Grilled Lamb Rack (included in the set)
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - I like it how it is easily melts in my mouth. Slight gamey taste but I am fine with that because that is how I like my lamb taste should be. The lamb meat is really at its finest and hard for me to describe in words.

Grilled Wagyu Beef @RM170.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - Slight salty but the melt in your mouth effect is still there. This is a must try for beef lover.

Tri-chocolate Ice Cream (included in the set)
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Combination of white chocolate, hazelnut chocolate and dark chocolate. Very creative way to present it but the scoop of ice cream is incredibly small. 

Next is my dessert. Highly recommended by Ms. Alice which I have finally decided to let go my favorite dessert, Tiramisu for this Warm Chocolate. By the preparation for the dessert itself is already very special enough.
First she cooked a few slices of banana with caramelized sugar and... 
Here is the fun part #1...
The fiery fire!!!
Once the fire has settled down, the banana slices are placed beside the chocolate cake. This is not done yet. Since it is a warm chocolate, she just have to make the chocolate warm by...
Fun Part #2: Pouring a big scoop of Grand Mariner with flame on it. This should make the chocolate warm. Fantastic display!
Warm Chocolate @RM35.00++
Outlook: 5/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5 - Fantastic show before I can devour my dessert. The chocolate is definitely warm after the flame. The best part for me is the delicious chocolate with quite strong alcohol taste really bring the delightful into my mouth. Believe me that you will do the same thing like I did which will say the "Wow!" the moment you had your first bite of it. No kidding. Simply amazing. Worth to abandon my favorite Tiramisu for this time.

Chef Daniele Rossetto came out to greet us at the end of our dinner. It is really great to have him around to prepare such a scrumptious meal for us. 
This is normal dining area if you do not have special occasion on that day.
Overall, we had a fantastic experience here at Ferdinand's which makes us a memory that we will never forget for life. The price is expensive but I believe it is really worth it especially on a special occasion like this.
Total Damage: RM547.50
Ambiance: 5/5
Service: 5/5
Food Serving Speed: Just nice
Recommended?: Highly

Ferdinand's
Level 2, The Magellan Sutera Resort
1 Sutera Harbour Boulevard,
Kota Kinabalu, 88100 Sabah, Malaysia.
Tel: 088-318 888
Business Hours: 6.00pm - 11.00pm (daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Tasik Biru Kangkar Pulai, Johor Bahru

Marini's on 57 @KLCC

Restoran Goon Wah, Kuchai Lama

Restoran Hin Kee Hong Kong Dim Sum, SS2

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan