Little Nyonya Cuisine @Gurney Plaza

Once again being a free tour guide for a group of people from Yunnan, China to Penang for some nice local delicacies. However, they were complaining about our food is not spicy enough. So since they would like spicy food, the only place I can think of in Penang is The Little Nyonya Cuisine which located at the lower ground of Gurney Plaza. 
Tomyam Seafood @RM18.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Spiciness Level: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - The seafood contains fish, squid and prawns only which is not bad at all. I would consider their seafood is fresh.The best part is the tomyam soup which is very spicy enough to numb your whole tongue and jaw.

Nyonya Asam Pedas Ikan Pari @RM18.00++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Spiciness Level: 5/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - The stingray is soft and delicious but the only problem was the moment the gravy touched my tongue, I already can taste the crazy spiciness in it which is far greater than the tomyam soup. Right after that I have watery eyes and running nose. As for the Yunnan group, they said:" This is what they have been expecting!" Oh my god! I think they are really crazy!

Sambal Kang Kong @RM10.50++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Spiciness Level: 3/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - This is the spiciness limit that I can accept. Slightly salty but it is acceptable for me.

Mua Yu Chicken @RM15.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Spiciness Level: 0/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - This is not spicy and it is one of my favourite way cooking, which is using oyster sauce. It makes the chicken more fragrance.

Pandan Chicken @RM15.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Spiciness Level: 0/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Another not spicy food to suit myself. The chicken is full of pandan fragrance taste and it is really delicious. Never regret to order this. 

Mutton Satay @RM12.90++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Spiciness Level 2/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - The grilled this mutton skewer very very well. I am very impressed that I do not have to find a satay hawker stall for a delicious satay. The most important thing is the satay sauce which is rich with peanut fragrance and it is not too spicy for a person like me to enjoy.

Overall, I am glad to find this restaurant to impress my Yunnan group who is very demanding to have their food to be extremely spicy.

Total Damage: RM140.70
Ambiance: 3/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Recommended?: Yes

The Little Nyonya Cuisine
170-B1-32B, Plaza Gurney,
Persiaran Gurney,
10250 Penang
Tel: 04-2270694
Business Hours: 10.30am - 10.30pm (daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Merlion Park, Singapore

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon

City Square Shooting Gallery @Menara TKSS, Segambut