Poulet @City Hall

Poulet means chicken in French so from the word itself you will know two major things which are first, this is a French restaurant and second, their signature is their chicken. This restaurant started since 2012 and in less than 3 years, remarkably they already had 10 branches all around Singapore. I will not be surprised if they established themselves in Malaysia one day.
I knew this casual dining restaurant from my best friend, Ailin. This restaurant gets full house so easily because of their reasonable price for a French restaurant. Do expect for a queue in front of this restaurant. 
Escargot @S$8.90++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - The escargot is well baked and you don't get to taste any unpleasant taste from it. Maybe it is covered up by the fragrance of the garlic. Nonetheless, I have to reckon this escargot is one of the best I have tasted so far. I can assure you that you want to have this all by yourself. Why not? The price is so reasonable. Do order one for each person.

Poulet Roti with Mushroom Sauce (half) @S$15.90++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - Do not expect any bread in this dish. I know "roti" in Malay is known as bread but in French is known as roast. So this is dish is also known as roast chicken. This spring chicken is served unadorned on a large plate with only mushroom sauce and a few leaves on it. However, this well roasted chicken has a strong charcoal aroma in it. The fragrance of the charcoal has infused in the chicken itself so every bite of the chicken will diffuse the aromatic sensation into your whole mouth. This is the first time I felt that even a tasteless breast meat can be so delicious now. By now, you will somehow realized that you should have ordered a whole spring chicken instead.

Duck Au Vin @S$15.90++
Outlook: 2/5
Creativity: 2/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 2/5 - Maybe I am not really an expert in French cuisine because I found that any dishes with duck in it such as duck confit or braised duck in a French restaurant, they are so salty at the extend it numbs your tongue. Is that how is it suppose to taste like? If really is, this is not my type of dish. Anyway, I have to acknowledge how soft the meat is which you are able to chew it without much effort.


Tiramisu @S$7.90++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4/5 - My photo may deceptively give you the perception that the portion is small but I would like to assure you that it is not and the jar is quite big. However, you still will not want to share this either. It may not have a rum inside but the coffee taste is so strong and aromatically surprised you. The best part is the cream is a lot and creamy but you do not feel queasy at all with it. I felt so guilty because I ate more than 70% of it when we are sharing this dessert together. Sorry, my dear. LOL

Overall, this is the first ever casual dining restaurant which I felt worthwhile. Delicious food with reasonable price is really important when I am carrying Ringgit Malaysia which is so low in value here.

Total Damage: S$58.40 (2 pax)
Ambiance: 3/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Fast
Recommended?: Yes

252 North Bridge Road
#B1-65/66
Singapore 179103
Tel: (+65) 6336 3119
Business Hours: 11.30am - 10.00pm (daily)

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Kedai Kopi Jia Siang Sheng Rou Mian, Lintas Plaza

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu