Asahi Japanese Restaurant @Berjaya Times Square

It has been a long time I have not been here at Berjaya Times Square. I very pleased to see some new restaurants are opening up here which makes this used to be aboring mall becomes interesting. When I saw Asahi Japanese Restaurant, I knew I must choose this place since Japanese cuisine is always my favourite.
Dobin Mushi @RM19.81++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 3/5 -
Overall: 3/5 - After my last experience at Kin no Mizu, I started to love Dobin Mushi. However, this Dobin Mushi did not taste the same at all. After they squeezed half lime juice in it, the taste was weird. Not smooth, no more seafood freshness in it. However, after a few cups of it, I started to accept this new taste but I still prefer the original Dobin Mushi.


Sashimi Mori @RM99.06++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - As usual, I would started off with their Sashimi platter which comes with 5 types of fishes with 3 pieces each except the butter fish. One thing special about this restaurant is they serve a special signature sashimi which is their Shoyu Tuna. Basically it is a white tuna with soy sauce. Nothing great about the taste because I would probably get the same taste when I get a white tuna and soaked into their soy sauce. The butter fish is not so fresh because it is started to immerse the unpleasant fishy taste. Others are still ok but not impressive for overall quality.


Unajyu Tempura Zen @RM61.79++
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 2/5 - The half piece of unagi kabayaki is really disappointing because it doesn't taste fresh at all. I really wonder how long they keep their fresh meat stock. Seems like more than a week. The tempura is doesn't give you the fried fragrance taste with the sweet prawn in it. A totally failure set which cost so much for it.


Zaru Inaniwa Udon @RM33.96++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - Finally something which is edible and acceptable for my appetite. The smooth and tangy inaniwa udon mix so well with their soba sauce. Sweet and savory taste which you will eat non-stop all by yourself. However, this is way over priced. RM30.00++ for a noodle. Ridiculous.

I find that this restaurant is quite cunning and sly with their receipt. The receipt did not state any service charge which you would thought this high class restaurant is so humble for not charging any service charge. If you think that way, you are wrong. They include the service charge in each of the food you order. A simple example is their green tea is charged at RM2.00/pax and you will see RM2.36 displayed on the receipt. 9% is their service charge which they did not specifically state in the receipt. I do not like this kind of business ethnic. If you want to charge service charge, display it in your receipt professionally. Not hidden else where.
Total Damage: RM232.50
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Fast
Will I Revisit?: No and not recommended

Asahi Japanese Restaurant
Lot LG-73&74, LG Floor
Berjaya Times Square
Jalan Imbi
Tel: 03-21417601
Business Hours: 10.00am - 10.00pm (daily)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Merlion Park, Singapore

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Calypso Cabaret Ladyboy Show @Asiatique The Riverfront

ABC Senme, Port Dickson