Cozy In The Rocket, Georgetown

Cozy in the Rocket is definitely a not easy to find cafe. Look at their signboard. It is too small for you to even notice them. You will be easily miss this unattractive row of shops with small signboard. Actually it can be very easy. The famous wall painting of the "Little Children on the Bicycle" is actually painted on this cafe. Now, isn't it easy?

The moment I stepped inside this cafe, I felt so many nostalgic things decorated around the cafe.

This is their kitchen and it is remained how it was look like in the 50s and 60s era.
Even their restrooms are well decorated with the nature as their theme.
I initially wanted to ask if the kitchen is still open because the board hanging on their entrance is written their business hours is from 11.00am - 4.00pm while I was there 15 minutes before 4.00pm. Before even I could start to talk, she suddenly said: "The menu is already written on the board, that's all I have. If you do not like it, you are fine to leave." Woah! This is what happened when ego and pride taking over courteous and manner. And I continued to ask my question and she "politely" replied me in a slower pace this time, "Since I already said that you can look at the menu to order means I am still opened!" Ok, noted! Actually she can just reply me "Yes!" which is much shorter. 

Well, I just continue to order my lunch and told myself to forget about her rudeness so that I can write a review about this cafe for you all.
I used to use this kind of glass when I was young! Every single decoration in this cafe really digging up my old memories. It is recalling my past somehow. By the way, this is the Ice Chai Latte @RM14.00. The price is about the same like Starbucks!
Caffe Latte @RM10.00. It is 100% same price like Starbucks. There is a notice written on the door that anyone who is going to sit in the cafe must at least order one cup of drink for each person.
Pasta Puttanesca @RM40.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - RM40.00 for such a small plate of pasta in such a cafe is really ridiculous. That's what I thought when it was served right in front of me. However, after I took my first bite...I have continued my criticism on them. This is too small but too delicious! It is not going to be enough for me!


Pasta MM @RM40.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - This is another great pasta which I have come to conclusion that they are really an expert in making pasta. You may not find this dishes on the board anymore because they will rotate them routinely depending to the chef's mood. Maybe you will see other types of pasta this month. This is really exciting.


Panna Cotta Pandan @RM12.00 - Fusing western Panna Cotta with eastern Pandan leaves is really a ingeniously creative idea. The pandan fragrance does really combined well together with the smooth and milky texture of the Panna Cotta.
Creme Brulee @RM12.00 - No thick layer of crusted sugar. Smooth creamy texture inside with heavy sense of vanilla beans. It was made perfectly just like I wanted.
After all the good food and perfect desserts, I can forgive her rudeness earlier and even the hefty price tag! LOL! Somehow I was doped by the food. Without a doubt, they are really good with it and no wonder they started to grow with the ego in them. I hope to continue their business in Penang and hoping their service will be improved too.
Total Damage: RM128.00 (2 pax)
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 1/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Recommended?: Yes

Cozy in the Rocket
262 & 264, Beach Street
10200 Penang
Business Hours: 11.00am - 4.00pm (closed on Monday)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Marini's on 57 @KLCC

Restoran Goon Wah, Kuchai Lama

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Tasik Biru Kangkar Pulai, Johor Bahru

Sin Kee Bak Kut Teh, Kota Kinabalu

Restoran Hin Kee Hong Kong Dim Sum, SS2