The Owl's Cafe, Bukit Jalil

I got to know about The Owl's Cafe through the powerful social media. Some random people shared about this unique cafe in the Facebook and one of my friend just click "LIKE" on it. It is as simple as that. No advertisement fee is required and I got to know the existence of this cafe.
Do you know actually this cafe is located at the first floor which is above a salon called Le'V. The point here is nobody will look up at a first floor for food if is not because of the social media. However, you just look at the overwhelming crowd here. You do not even know it is full house if you are not making the effort to get up here. I had to queue for a long 10 minutes to get a seat for 2. I think you can roughly imagine that everyone is here is just because of none others but the social media.
This cafe is full of owls! I really do love owls because they are really cute. I just wonder how do they able to collect all different kind of owls.
My friend, Ms. Cheryl is with me again for my food blogging session. You will be placed in a seat with a menu on the table. Once you have decided what to order, you can proceed to the counter to make an order and pay. 
Nutty Iced Latte @RM12.00++. A shot of espresso with full of milk and a little nutty taste. Pretty creative and it is absolutely a good choice for those who likes their coffee to be fancy.
After that she had a pot of English Breakfast @RM12.00++. Look at their pot, they are owls too! Feels like this cafe is haunted with owls. They are just everywhere.
Special Affogato @RM11.00++. This is a unique affogato with nuts, pretzel and some grated coconuts in it. The taste is amazing but just the shot of espresso is just too small. I doubt that is a shot.
My second round is a Special Iced Coffee @RM13.00++. It looks like another affogato to me in a bigger size. Maybe they heard me complaining about their small espresso shot and so they make a huge one for me now. No, I was just kidding. Anyway, it is not really special for me at all.
Muffin & Lox @RM18.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - The smoked salmon is really delicious and I hope they would not be stingy about it by putting more of them. The mushroom is still okay but I was hoping more butter taste in it. Overall it is just a simple breakfast meal but with a hefty price tag on it.


Duffy Duck @RM25.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 5/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - The signature of this owl oriented cafe is about their waffle. Basically all in the menu is about waffle and this was the first I was having a meat on my waffle. The outcome is surprisingly acceptable for me. The waffle is rather salty instead of sweet when they served with meat on it. The spinach cream sauce is the real beauty which has covered up the saltiness in the waffle. So you won't taste it too salty but rich of creamy taste and a little crunchiness from the walnut. As for the smoked duck, it is good but not the best. I prefer the smoked taste to be stronger. 

Nutella Crepe @RM13.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - This cafe is opened at 10.00am so we all know it is the time for brunch. However, the portion which you can see above is too small to cover for our breakfast and lunch appetite. So we ended up ordering their Nutella crepe which was highly recommended by one of the staffs. I have made a crepe myself so I know how hard it is to make a crepe. I would say they did it very well. If you are a crazy Nutella fan, you won't goes wrong by ordering this. However for me who is not, I think it is a little too sweet and not really creative in terms of the taste. It is just Nutella which can be purchased from a supermarket. It does not carry its own unique taste to be highly recommended.

Overall, I made a mistake by putting a really high expectation on this cafe because the social media hype. It became a great let down later on with their very limited menu selection and extremely small portion to be classified as brunch meal. A cafe should be a place to hang around to chit chat and the best place for catching up session. However, we do not get to enjoy and relax because the seating are so cramp up and other awaiting customers are making a long queue begging for a seat for themselves. All I can say is if you are a HUGE waffle fan and you would like to look for a place to cure your desire, here is the right place. After you finish your waffle indulgence, you  leave immedaitely. Other than that, it is not worth for the jam, the queue, the cramp and the rush.
Total Damage: RM104.00 (2 pax)
Ambiance: 3/5
Service: 3/5
Food Serving Speed: Very Fast
Will I Revisit?: No

The Owls Cafe
12-1, First Floor
Block Five,
Jalan Jalil Jaya 6, 
Bukit Jalil 57000
KL
Tel: 03-95439828
Business Hours: 10.00am - 7.00pm (other days); 10.00am - 11.00pm (Fri, Sat)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Merlion Park, Singapore

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Premier 101 Food Court, Kuching

Shihlin Taiwan Street Snacks @Berjaya Times Square

City Square Shooting Gallery @Menara TKSS, Segambut